Welcome to DENTASA
To be the official voice of the Dental Technology profession, acting in the best interest of its members while aiding and shaping a dynamic world class standard of dental technology.
- To further the abilities of dental technology within South Africa and its global partners.
- Promoting professionalism, accountability, trust, transparency, and integrity within the profession.
- To build meaningful relationships with all stakeholders both locally and internationally.
- Regular DENTASA E-Alerts report on the activities of DENTASA and inform members of official viewpoints.
- SMS Service with job offers, news and info.
- Access to MEMBERS ONLY AREA on web site.
Jobs: Technicians wanted / Technicians looking
The Deadbeat Dentist List
Annual General Meeting Minutes
The latest official documents and Regulations
BHF, Gold Permit, Sample documents and forms
General information regarding:
Guidelines to Self-Claiming
- Personalized Service: The Staff at headquarters work for you! Elize and Axel will be available to answer any questions or help solve problems you might have by assisting where and when they can.
- Regular liaison with the SADTC, SADA, Department of Health, Medical Devices Regulator and medical schemes.
- DENTASA keeps you informed on National issues and changes.
- Membership means you are part of a united front to address issues in dental technology.
- The DENTASA Summit and AGM. The Summit is a great place to establish or renew contact with fellow technicians and other role players in the industry.
- Every branch will meet at least twice a year. Feel free to contact your Branch
Chairperson should you need any specific assistance pertaining to matters in your branch. All matters brought to the Branches will be tabled at the next Exco meeting.
- Profmed is the largest restricted medical scheme in South Africa. The Profmed offer is around “Quality medical cover tailored to suit the lifestyle of professionals” which is one of the reasons that we believe it is well suited to the needs of our membership.
- Immediate access to: Discovery Health, Discovery Life and Discovery Health’s Protector Plan.
- Momentum Group Scheme: A medical evaluation-free group scheme for technicians.
- Short Term Insurance available from our broker.
- Discounted member rate on courier service from Globeflight. Please contact Jani at 076 164 3198.
- Access to the Deadbeat Dentist List.
- CPD credits for being a DENTASA member or office bearer
- CPD credits for attending the AGM and branch meetings
- CPD credits for completing the SADTJ questionnaires.
Q: Who can join DENTASA?
A: Any technician registered with the South African Dental Technicians Council
Q: Why is there a difference between the membership fees for a lab owner and an employee?
A: Laboratory owners have a tax benefit that employees don’t have.
Q: Must I join Discovery Medical Aid if I join DENTASA?
Q: Must I join the Pension Fund if I join DENTASA?
A: NO. The Pension Fund is a requirement from the SADTC, according to the Dental Technicians Act all employees must be a member of the pension fund. DENTASA occasionally invites the Administrators to explain matters about the fund to it’s members.