Welcome to DENTASA
- To promote the interests and needs of members.
- To encourage the settlement of disputes by conciliatory methods.
- To promote, support or oppose as it may be deemed expedient any proposed legislation.
- To use every legitimate means to persuade all persons who are eligible for membership to become members.
- To provide, when deemed necessary legal assistance to members.
- To co-operate with other organisations in dealing with matters affecting members.
- To affiliate with other organisations where such affiliation is deemed to be in the interests of the members.
- To do such other lawful things as may appear to be in the interests of the members.
- To establish and administer funds for the benefit of its members and their dependants.
- Regular DENTASA E-Alerts report on the activities of DENTASA and inform members of official viewpoints.
- SMS Service with job offers, news and info.
- Access to MEMBERS ONLY AREA on web site.
Jobs: Technicians wanted / Technicians looking
The Deadbeat Dentist List
Annual General Meeting Minutes
The latest official documents and Regulations
BHF, Gold Permit, Sample documents and forms
General information regarding:
Guidelines to Self-Claiming
- Personalized Service: The Staff at headquarters work for you! Elize and Axel will be available to answer any questions or help solve problems you might have by assisting where and when they can.
- Regular liaison with the SADTC, SADA, Department of Health, Medical Devices Regulator and medical schemes.
- DENTASA keeps you informed on National issues and changes.
- Membership means you are part of a united front to address issues in dental technology.
- The DENTASA Summit and AGM. The Summit is a great place to establish or renew contact with fellow technicians and other role players in the industry.
- Every branch will meet at least twice a year. Feel free to contact your Branch
Chairperson should you need any specific assistance pertaining to matters in your branch. All matters brought to the Branches will be tabled at the next Exco meeting.
- Profmed is the largest restricted medical scheme in South Africa. The Profmed offer is around “Quality medical cover tailored to suit the lifestyle of professionals” which is one of the reasons that we believe it is well suited to the needs of our membership.
- Immediate access to: Discovery Health, Discovery Life and Discovery Health’s Protector Plan.
- Momentum Group Scheme: A medical evaluation-free group scheme for technicians.
- Short Term Insurance available from our broker.
- Discounted member rate on courier service from Globeflight. Please contact Jani at 076 164 3198.
- Access to the Deadbeat Dentist List.
- CPD credits for being a DENTASA member or office bearer
- CPD credits for attending the AGM and branch meetings
- CPD credits for completing the SADTJ questionnaires.
Q: Who can join DENTASA?
A: Any technician registered with the South African Dental Technicians Council
Q: Why is there a difference between the membership fees for a lab owner and an employee?
A: Laboratory owners have a tax benefit that employees don’t have.
Q: Must I join Discovery Medical Aid if I join DENTASA?
Q: Must I join the Pension Fund if I join DENTASA?
A: NO. The Pension Fund is a requirement from the SADTC, according to the Dental Technicians Act all employees must be a member of the pension fund. DENTASA occasionally invites the Administrators to explain matters about the fund to it’s members.